P/T Temporary Administrative/Finance Assistant
The City of Adair Village manages the municipal affairs of the City, including provision of water, wastewater and storm drain services. Planning services, economic, community, and land use development are a key focus for the future. Required qualifications for the Administrative/Finance Assistant include:
- Excellent typing skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Publisher, and Excel, data entry and similar computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment operation and maintenance.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to transcribe minutes in a clear and concise fashion.
- Ability to maintain positive customer relations and to resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow standard accounting methods, procedures, forms and records. Ability to work effectively with other employees, officials, committees and the public. Ability to maintain composure in hectic office setting.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, organize, and prioritize work load in order to meet deadlines in daily, monthly, and annual requirements of the various duties as described.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relations with coworkers, citizens and the general public.
- Ability to work with agitated and/or irate individuals when necessary, and must be able to work under short deadlines and multiple time demands.
Preferred qualifications include all of the above, plus:
- Work experience in a municipal system or other governmental entity
- Some college-level coursework
- Experience with website management
Position will begin as part-time and temporary, with the possibility of becoming full-time and permanent during the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Scheduled work days will be Wednesday/Thursday/ Friday, with some flexibility as needed.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Submit a letter of interest, resume, and City of Adair Village application form by March 16, 2018. To see full position description and application form go to: http://adairvillage.org/departments-services/employment/ The City of Adair Village is an AA/EOE employer.