Part-time Finance Clerk position available immediately. See position description and job application forms, attached. Call Pat Hare for more information. (541) 745-5507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MID VALLEY PARTNERS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 28, 2022
Rural Economic Alliance (REAL) launches new website
LEBANON, OR – Mid Valley Partners (MVP) has been renamed Rural Economic Alliance (REAL) to more clearly reflect its efforts to support the region’s economic growth.
Along with its new name, the group announced the launch of its website (ruraleconomicalliance.com). The site serves as a resource for entrepreneurs, current business owners and prospective investors.
Rural Economic Alliance elected its new name, in part, because of the acronym, REAL.
“When you do business in Linn and Benton counties you are working with REAL people in REAL communities doing REAL business,” said Hilary Norton, city administrator of partner-city, Halsey. “In bigger cities when you look for help you are usually sent to an automated system with formulaic information that may or may not fit your business. In our communities, you talk with a real person who can help with your specific needs.”
REAL partnered with Pacific Northwest-based agency, JayRay Ads & PR, for the rebranding effort. The agency held three in-person brand workshops and several virtual meetings with REAL members to uncover their brand, select their new name and design their visual identity.
“During our branding work we identified some incredible strategic advantages to doing business in our region,” said Scott McDowell, City Administrator of partner-city Brownsville. “We found doing business in Linn and Benton counties to be easier and more welcoming than working in larger cities.”
REAL is committed to lifting up members of the local business community, sharing resources, and acting as a resource themselves to help serve the business community.
Economic Development Catalyst, City of Lebanon
The City of Adair Village has been working collaboratively with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the State of Oregon, and local communities to better identify flood risk in the county. This effort includes a new flood study on Calloway Creek and several streams crossing county and city lands that will ultimately be used to update the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map and provide the local jurisdictions with valuable flood risk information. Better identification of flood risk helps people determine their own priorities and take steps to reduce risk to lives and property. This data also supports communities in recovery efforts when disaster strikes.
For more information please read the letter from FEMA introducing the field studies in Benton County below:
Please note that the Adair Village Newsletter incorrectly stated that the Joint Public Hearing on September 20th would be held at City Hall. It is, as stated on the Public Hearing Notice, to be held at Santiam Christian High School (Map Room). We apologize for the confusion.
The Planning Committee Meeting Packet for October 11, 2022 is below:
The Information packet for the September 20, 2022 Public Hearing are listed below:
- 1_Planning Commissions Packet cover sheet
- 2_9.20.22 Agenda
- 3_UGB CITY STAFF REPORT
- 4_County Staff Rpt- PC
- 5_Compiled Comments as of 9-12-22
- 6_UPDATED 10.4.22 – Justification Findings Document
- 7- Appendix A Adair Village Building Lands Inventory Report
Other relevant documents regarding the UGB Expansion are below:
- PC Hearing Notice – Adair UGB Amendment (002)
- Building Lands Inventory Report
- UGB Expansion Area Map
- Adair Zoning Map May 2022
- Adair Village Tour
- Transportation Systems Plan 2019
- CITY OF ADAIR VILLAGE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
- CITY OF ADAIR VILLAGE LAND USE DEVELOPMENT CODE
- Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) pertaining to UGB Expansion 660-024-0000
- AVTP Future Trails Map V2
- DLCD – Adair Village Benton County UGB letter of record WINGARD
- ODOT’s Response to Adair Village UGB expansion 220831
Thank you to all Adair Resident who have completed their Cross Connection Questionnaire. If you still need to complete your form, you can download it below. Please return it to:
Karla McGrath; Cross Connection Program Manager; 6030 NE William R Carr Ave.; Adair Village, OR 97330.
You can also drop it in the payment drop box if you prefer.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
The City Council will hold Public Hearings on Tuesday, August 4 at 6:00 p.m. at the Adair Village City Hall, 6030 William R. Carr Avenue, Adair Village to address the matters listed below. Hard copies are available at City Hall or they can be viewed on our website at www.adairvillage.org.
1) Amend the City Charter of the City of Adair Village as approved by the Electors, (Ordinance 2020-01)
2) Designate Wards within the City of Adair Village; (Ordinance 2020-02)
3) Consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation to vacate the unimproved Cherry Drive, located in the first addition to Adair Meadows in the City of Adair Village, Benton County, Oregon., (Ordinance 2020-03)